A certain leading supermarket – beginning with M – has been tempting me with the offer of four Snickers bars for £1. For weeks I have walked on by, but I finally gave in to my peanut craving for Clydebank Live. This week I’ve got a great recipe for Snickers Muffins. ~ Famale (The Wednesday Baker)
Kit: Scales, large mixing bowl, wooden spoon, microwaveable bowl, jug, tablespoon, muffin tin, muffin cases.
Ingredients: 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder, pinch of salt, 3 oz soft brown sugar, 5 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter, 1 beaten egg, 2 oz melted butter, 200 ml milk, 4 Snickers bars (chopped).
Method: (Preheat the over to 180 – fan)
1. Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
2. Melt the butter.
3. Lightly whisk the egg into the milk in a jug.
4. Add the peanut butter into the dry ingredients.
5. Mix everything together until it looks crumbly.
6. Pour in the the milk mixture and melted butter and stir.
7. Chop up the four Snickers bars into the mix and give it a stir.
8. Don’t over-stir! The mixture will look a bit lumpy – this is good.
9. Fill up 6 large / 12 small muffin cases.
10. Bake at 180 fan for 25 minutes – but check after 20 – and leave to cool.